Dental X-Ray Services in Sydney
Dental x-rays can mean the difference between early detection of dental problems and finding out when it is already too late…
To receive an accurate diagnostic assessment of your oral condition, call No Gaps Dental for a preventative oral exam and x-ray today – call our Sydney Dental Clinic at (02) 80076727.
A physical examination of your teeth’s exterior condition is sometimes not enough when it comes to locating problems that may be lurking beneath the surface. Dentists rely on x-rays to improve their diagnostic capabilities and identify any underlying issues that may require immediate attention.
Dental x-rays can display a clear picture of what may be obstructed or hidden from view – inside your teeth and their surrounding regions, including bones and soft tissues. It is extremely useful for identifying problems in the bones, jaws and hard tissue regions.
At No Gaps Dental, we utilise accurate diagnostic equipment to improve the accuracy of our dental assessments – which includes the use of x-rays. We deliver this diagnostic technique within a very safe and efficient clinical environment, using sound protocols to minimise risks of radiation and significantly reduce any potential effects on both patients and staff alike.
Types of Dental X-Rays
Intra-oral x-rays: This is a commonly used technique that involves placing the x-ray film inside the mouth to obtain a detailed snapshot of specific regions within the oral cavity. It is mostly used in the identification of caries, abnormalities in teeth development and tooth root issues.
Extra-oral x-rays: The film is placed outside the mouth as the focus of extra-oral x-rays covers a broader region that encompasses the jaw and skull. This technique is highly effective for monitoring jaw developments in relation to the teeth.
Digital x-rays: This modern diagnostic technique involves the transmission of x-ray images to a computer, which allows the images to be stored and readily viewed – even enlarged and enhanced to increase clarity. Digital x-rays are highly prized for their low-dose radiation properties, which improve the health and safety of patients and healthcare staff.
What Are The Main Applications of Dental X-Rays?
Besides safeguarding the oral health of dental patients through accurate diagnosis – allowing early treatment of teeth and jaw problems before they cause irreversible damage – dental x-rays are also highly effective in the following ways:
- Identify decay inside the tooth or below the gum line;
- Detect tartar build-up and cavities on the side of the tooth that is blocked from physical examination;
- Provide detailed information on growth patterns of teeth and jaws – especially important for children.
- Give a clear purview of problematic issues in the skeletal system;
- Locate cracks in dental fillings and underlying decay;
- Identify decays that escape surface examination, for example, when they occur in tiny pits between teeth;
- Identify and assess extent of bone loss as a result of gum disease;
- Assist in preparation and treatment for dental implant procedures;
- Assist in treatment planning for placement of orthodontic braces;
- Locate abnormalities like cysts, lymphoma and oral cancer;
- Identify root infection or damage to nerve (important for root canal treatment diagnosis);
At No Gaps Dental, we do not treat lightly the risk of radiation associated with dental radiography – even though it is an extremely low risk. Through the adoption of low-dose radiation exposure equipment and strict adherence to sound radiation principles, we are committed to promote a healthy and safe dental environment for everyone.
Contact No Gaps Dental for a preventative oral exam and x-ray today – call our Sydney Dental Clinic at (02) 80076727.