Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Updated: Wednesday 17 May 2023
At No Gaps Dental we consider your safety our highest priority. We are closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from our patients.
Dental care is an essential service, and our clinics remain OPEN to everyone, regardless of your vaccination status against COVID-19.
Please note that there are some changes to the way we operate to keep everyone safe and by coming to our clinics, you agree to follow these changes.
Please do not visit us if:
If ANY of the following circumstances apply to you, we respectfully ask that you DO NOT make an appointment
- You have tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 10 days (even if you are not showing symptoms)
- You are a close contact to someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 10 days
- You are suffering from any cold or flu symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, stuffy nose, loss of taste and or smell, or you feel unwell (regardless of the severity of the symptoms)
How can I cancel or reschedule my appointment?
If you need to cancel your appointment, please review our cancellation policy here before completing the Appointment Cancellation Form.
We ask that out of courtesy, you provide as much notice as possible for the following reasons:
- It is not possible to fill an appointment time by booking in another patient at short notice
- Your dentist dedicates significant time and care to treatment planning and preparation
- There are other patients who would have taken the appointment time if given sufficient notice
Appointment Cancellation Form
What changes have been made in our clinics?
Our Medical History Form includes a few simple questions in relation to COVID. This helps us understand each patient’s individual circumstances.
While we continue to uphold our strict hygiene and infection control standards, we have also implemented additional precautionary measures to minimise the risk of COVID-19 including, but not limited to the following:
- Have provided further training to our staff and dentists about infection prevention and control, specifically in relation to COVID-19, to ensure they are well equipped to work in this environment.
- Additional measures including more frequent and thorough cleaning of high-touch points and other hard surfaces will continue.
We apologise for any inconvenience these changes may cause and we thank you for your understanding!
If you have any further questions, please contact our Support Team.