Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Updated: Friday 3 July 2020
At No Gaps Dental we consider your safety our highest priority. We are closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from our patients.
Our clinics remain OPEN, and we have now resumed our normal trading hours, however there have been some changes in the way we operate.
What treatments can we provide?
Restrictions on the type of dental treatments we are able to provide have been lifted, and we are NOW able to provide ALL types of dental treatment, including scale and cleaning.
Can I make an appointment?
YES – if you would like to make an appointment, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, or book online book online.
If ANY of the following circumstances apply to you, we respectfully ask that you DO NOT make an appointment
- You have tested positive to COVID-19, and have not fully recovered
- You are waiting for COVID-19 test results
- You or a member of your household have returned from overseas (including being on a cruise ship) in the last 14 days or;
- You have been in contact with, or have been within the same enclosed space with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days or;
- You are suffering from any cold or flu symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, stuffy nose, loss of taste and or smell, or you feel unwell (regardless of the severity of the symptoms)
What changes have been made in our clinics?
While we continue to uphold our strict hygiene and infection control standards, we have also implemented additional precautionary measures to minimise the risk of COVID-19 including, but not limited to the following:
- Are ensuring that social distancing is practiced in our clinics. This means that we are limiting the number of people in the clinic based on one person per four square meters, and the chairs in the waiting rooms have been placed at least 1.5 metres apart.
- Have provided further training to our staff and dentists about infection prevention and control, specifically in relation to COVID-19, to ensure they are well equipped to work in this environment.
- Are taking the temperature of everyone that enters our clinic and screening all patients using the COVID-19 clearance form. Anyone deemed a COVID-19 risk is immediately sent home, and any dental treatment is deferred.
- Have introduced additional measures including more frequent and thorough cleaning of shared spaces and the use of hand sanitiser for your use when entering and leaving the clinic.
What can I do to help stop the spread of COVID-19?
PLEASE protect yourselves and your loved ones. Help stop the spread and save lives by doing the following in your day-to-day lives:
- Practice Good Hygiene
- Frequent and thorough hand washing (at least 20 seconds) with soap and water
i) before and after eating
ii) after going to the toilet
iii) after blowing your nose
iv) after coughing or sneezing
v) after being in a public place
- Cover your cough and sneeze into your elbow, or into a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately
- Avoid touching your face (especially your eyes, nose and mouth)
- If you feel unwell, stay home and if you have any cold or flu symptoms, get tested.
- Practice Social Distancing
- Stay at home as much as possible
- If you do go out, avoid crowded places and limit gatherings in accordance with Government restrictions
- Stay at least 1.5m away from others
Please be aware that the current environment is constantly changing, and we will endeavour to update this page with relevant patient information as the situation evolves.
We apologise for any inconvenience these changes may cause and we thank you for your understanding!
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service team on (02) 8007 6727.