Important Information regarding COVID-19
Updated: Friday 27 March 2020
At No Gaps Dental we consider your safety our highest priority. We are closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from our patients.
Our clinics remain OPEN, however there have been some changes in the way we operate.
What treatments can we provide?
To minimise the spread of COVID-19, we will defer any non-urgent dental treatment until the 30th of April 2020 at the earliest. Non-urgent dental treatment are treatments that will not impact on the dental or general health of our patients if it is deferred to a later date (such as scale and cleaning, routine fillings and cosmetic treatment)
If you require urgent dental treatment, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, or book online
Do I Need To Cancel My Appointment?
If ANY of the following circumstances apply to you and you have an up-coming appointment, we respectfully ask that you contact us immediately to reschedule your appointment for another time.
• You have tested positive to COVID-19, and have not fully recovered
• You are waiting for COVID-19 test results
• You or a member of your household have travelled overseas (including being on a cruise ship) in the last 14 days or;
• You have been in contact with, or have been within the same enclosed space with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days or;
• You are suffering from a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other flu-like symptoms, or you feel unwell (regardless of the severity of the symptoms)
What Changes Have Been Made In Our Clinics?
While we continue to uphold our strict hygiene and infection control standards, we have also implemented additional precautionary measures to minimise the risk of COVID-19 including, but not limited to the following:
- Continue to decontaminate the dental chairs and equipment between patients, and sterilisation of dental instruments
- Continue to practice hand hygiene, before and after interactions with patients
- Decontaminating items that are frequently touched including door handles, light switches, Eftpos / HICAPS terminals and stationery, as well as common areas
- Ensuring patients are seated at least 1.5m apart in the waiting area, and ensuring that there is a minimum of 4 square meters per person within the clinics (as imposed by the government)
- Removed all toys, books and magazines from our waiting areas
- Ensuring that any Dentist or staff member returning from overseas travel self-isolate for the minimum 14-day period
Our surgeries will also open from 8:30am, rather than 8am until further notice.
What can I do to help stop the spread of COVID-19?
PLEASE protect yourselves and your loved ones. Help stop the spread and save lives by doing the following in your day-to-day lives:
- Frequent and thorough hand washing (at least 20 seconds) with soap and water
i) before and after eating
ii) after going to the toilet
iii) after blowing your nose
iv) after coughing or sneezing
- Cover your cough and sneeze into your elbow, or into a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately
- Avoid touching your face (especially your eyes, nose and mouth)
- If you are sick, stay home
- Practice social distancing – stay at least 1.5m away from others
- Stay at home if you don’t need to go out, and avoid crowded places
Please be aware that the current environment is constantly changing and we will endeavour to update this page with relevant patient information as the situation evolves.
We apologise for any inconvenience these changes may cause, and thank you for your understanding!
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service team on (02) 8007 6727.