At No Gaps Dental, we understand how important it is to feel confident about your smile — no one wants to think twice when smiling or laughing. If you want to enhance your smile, our veneers in Sydney may be the perfect solution for you.
What are Dental Veneers?
Teeth veneers are thin, custom-made shells designed to cover the front surface of your teeth. They are typically made of porcelain or composite resin material and bonded to the teeth using a strong adhesive.
Dental veneers address various cosmetic concerns, including stained, discoloured, misaligned or misshapen teeth. They can close gaps between teeth and improve the overall aesthetics of your smile.
Why choose Dental Veneers?
There are several reasons why dental veneers are becoming a popular cosmetic dental solution for many patients. Key benefits of dental veneers are:
- Improved aesthetics — Dental veneers drastically enhance the appearance of your teeth and give you a sparkling, natural-looking smile. They are custom-made to match your natural teeth’ shape, size and colour, creating a seamless and harmonious look.
- Long-lasting results — Dental veneers are durable and can last many years with proper care. Their resistance to staining and discolouration means you can enjoy a beautiful smile for years, minus the constant worry about frequent touch-ups or replacements.
- Minimal tooth reduction — Unlike other cosmetic dental treatments, dental veneers require minimal tooth reduction. In most cases, minimal enamel is removed from the front surface of the teeth to accommodate the veneers, preserving the natural structure of your teeth.
- Versatility — Dental veneers address various cosmetic concerns, including discolouration, staining, misalignment and gaps. They can be used on a single tooth or multiple teeth to create a consistent and cohesive smile.
- Customisation — Dental veneers are custom-made to match the unique characteristics of your teeth and your desired outcome. This means you can achieve a smile tailored to your preferences and facial features, resulting in a natural and beautiful look.
- Minimally invasive — Getting dental veneers is minimally invasive and involves little to no discomfort. The veneers are carefully crafted and bonded to your teeth, resulting in a comfortable and seamless fit.
The Dental Veneer Process
At No Gaps Dental, our cosmetic dentists complete a comprehensive dental veneer process, including:
- Determining the health of your natural teeth
During your initial consultation, we will assess your oral health, discuss your cosmetic goals, and determine if teeth veneers are well suited to your needs. In evaluating your oral health, our dentist will take x-rays to determine if your teeth have healthy roots well suited to veneers. After all, there’s no point placing veneers on teeth that aren’t healthy. Any problem with tooth roots, such as gum disease, must be treated before veneers are applied.
Depending on the severity of gum disease, treatment could vary from improved tooth brushing techniques to periodontal surgery. Your dentist will provide a detailed quote in your initial consultation, including any extra costs associated with additional treatments.
- Tooth impressions
Next, we will take detailed impressions of your teeth to create custom-made teeth veneers that fit your teeth precisely. Once your veneers are ready, we will schedule a follow-up appointment to apply the veneers to your teeth. During this process, a small amount of enamel is removed from your tooth’s front surface to ensure a proper fit. The veneers are then carefully bonded to your teeth using a strong adhesive, and any necessary adjustments will be made to ensure a comfortable and natural fit.
- Follow up
Once the veneers are in place, you can enjoy the immediate transformation of your smile. You will return to the dentist for a follow-up visit to ensure the veneers feel comfortable and are functioning properly. Your teeth will look naturally beautiful, giving you newfound confidence in your smile. With proper care, your dental veneers can last many years.
Veneers vs crowns
If you’re wondering what the difference is between veneers and crowns, we’re here to help! First things first — to understand the difference between crowns and veneers, we must look at why they are both used. The main difference between the two is the number of teeth they cover. A dental crown covers the entire tooth above the gum line while veneers are bonded directly onto the tooth’s front surface only, the side visible to others and your reflection.
While both options provide protection, a dental crown is twice the thickness of veneers and, therefore, more cracking-resistant.
If your teeth are discoloured or stained to the extent that a teeth whitening treatment will not do the trick, or you suffer from minor surface-level cracks or gaps in your teeth, porcelain veneers will improve the look and feel of your smile.
For more extensive tooth problems, like badly cracked teeth, a dental crown is the preferred choice to add protection to the whole tooth, including the front, back and sides.
Both veneers and dental crowns are permanent dental solutions that require replacement should they crack or reach the end of their shelf life.
What are the Different Types of Veneers?
At No Gaps Dental, we have several types of veneers available, including:
- Composite veneers — These veneers are made from a tooth-coloured composite resin material and are less expensive than porcelain veneers. They can be applied in a single visit to the dentist and are easy to repair if they become damaged.
- Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC) veneers— Our CEREC computer science technology means you can have your veneers fitted the same day since traditional veneers can take several weeks to be fabricated in comparison.
- Porcelain veneers — Porcelain veneers are the most common type of veneers made from high-quality dental porcelain material. They are durable, stain-resistant and can be customised to match the colour of your natural teeth.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
While traditional veneers can last anywhere between 7 to 15 years, porcelain veneers can last up to 20 years and CERAC veneers can last 10 to 30 years. You should prioritise practising good oral hygiene to maintain the longevity of your veneers. If you grind while you sleep, we highly recommend using a dental-quality mouthguard.
Schedule your Consultation Today for Veneers in Sydney
If you are interested in dental veneers or other cosmetic dentistry services, we invite you to schedule a consultation at one of our 15 Sydney clinics. Our experienced team will work with you to develop a personalised treatment plan that meets your needs and goals. Since we’re open across multiple locations, we can absorb costs across multiple clinics to offer lower prices for our customers without compromising on quality.
Contact us today to make an appointment and transform your smile in no time.